A tracheostomy is a small opening through the skin in your neck into the windpipe (trachea). A small plastic tube, called a tracheostomy tube or trach tube, is placed through this opening into the trachea to help keep the airway open. A person breathes directly through this tube, instead of through the mouth and nose
Features Of Tracheostomy Mask
1. Be used to deliver oxygen gas to tracheostomy patients;
2. Be worn around patient's neck over the tracheostomy tube.
3. PE packing with label inside;
4. Tube connector swivels 360 degree for different position of patients.
5. Both adult size and pediatric size available;
6. CE, ISO approved.
Directions of Tracheostomy Mask:
1. Connect aerosol tubing (not supplied) between the trach mask and the oxygen source.
2. The Trach Mask inlet swivels 360 degrees to position the tubing for supine or upright patients.
3. Set the oxygen to the proper flow and check for oxygen flow through the device.
4. Be sure all connections are secure.
5. Position the elastic strap behind the neck. Gently pull the ends of the strap until the trach mask is secure.
Note: When using suction, loosen the mask and drop the mask out of the work area.